Holmer Terra Dos 5
A lot has improved, especially around the driver. The vehicle is available as a two- and three-axle variant, as the Terra Dos 5-30 and Terra Dos 5-40. An MTU engine produces 652 hp. The new harvester's solutions were based on the five challenges in the sugar beet harvest:
- Ease of use with a well thought-out concept of intuitive operation (shortage of skilled workers).
- Reduce costs: With many detailed improvements, maintenance costs and wear could be minimized.
- Variable for different harvesting conditions such as the longitudinally adjustable forced feed or roller table, but also flails and button wheels have been further improved.
- Minimize ground pressure: Holmer offers various types of steering such as crab steering. The permissible total weight was also worked on and around 600 kg were saved.
- Digitalization: In addition to the Internet functions “MyHolmer” or “Easy-to-Help”, the intelligent interpretation of machine data and the configuration of the machines is very important.